MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Little crazy quilts

Some of you will remember my moan awhile ago about how I managed to spill my glass of water onto some crazy-quilted postcards I was working on and how the ink ran on the images.  The surviving ones were completed and mailed out and I think they have all been received now, so I can show you. 



I'll share the rest with you over the next few posts.

Today your quote is from Norman Wesley Brooks..."Christmas is forever, not just for one day.  It's for loving, for sharing, for giving....not to be put away likes bells and lights and tinsel.  The good you do for others is the good you do for yourself."




9 comments:

  1. Your winter header is beautiful Mary Ann.
    And the little 'crazy' postcard is lovely.
    I like the quote, 'the good you do for others is the
    good you do for yourself'.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:06 PM

    Hi Mary Anne,what a cute card,i also have trouble with ironing or pressing ,water comes out of the iron and then the dye in the thread runs,lol,hope you have a lovely day and thankyou for the links xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to be the fortunate and very appreciative recipient of this beautiful CQ Christmas postcard. It was such a surprise to find in my mailbox. Thanks a million, Mary Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh those were cards??? Wow - stunning! You must have a lot of patience - so many pretty details. I love the mitten idea with sweaters. I'll not worry about being organized haha so I'll skip that in favor of the peanut butter balls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very blessed to enJOY your amazing Crazy Quilted postcards and I sincerely thank you. More fun links and ideas...thank you dear. Wonderful quote wiith a timeless message. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crazy quilt postcard is amazing, my friend! Your work is truly exquisite and I appreciate you sharing with us :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely postcard! When I was in Espanola for the Fibre Art Festival, one vendor had mittens made from sweaters. They were quite lovely.Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these beautiful postcards you make Mary Anne they are so pretty and I am sure that they are really treasured by those they are sent to! Hope you and your family all have a most wonderful Christmas and New Year! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! How frustrating to lose work to a water fiasco. This postcard is absolutely exquisite. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.